News & Alerts
At Athol Savings Bank, our eyes and ears are always open!
It’s our pleasure to keep you informed regarding new products, new services, and new information that affect your banking experience.
• Telephone Scam - November 16, 2015
There is currently a telephone scam in which customers receive an automated call informing them that their debit card has been blocked and they should press Option #2 to speak with Security. This scam is an attempt to gain debit card numbers. These calls are not coming from Athol Savings Bank.
If you feel you have been a victim of this scam, please contact ASB immediately at 978-249-3200 or toll free at 888-830-3200 so that we may order a new debit card for you.
• Bill Pay Update - June 9, 2015
We are pleased to bring you an enhanced Bill Pay service to help make it easier, faster, and more convenient for you to manage your finances. We are confident that the upgrade to our Bill Pay service will enhance your overall online banking experience.
Below are some key facts and resources to help make this transition as smooth as possible for you.
- The updates to the Bill Pay service will take place on the evening of June 9th from 9:00 PM to midnight.
- The updated Bill Pay provides the same functionality as the previous service with added features in an easy-to-use format.
- All your payees, scheduled recurring payments, payment history, and eBills will transfer to the updated Bill Pay.
- All your pending payments will process as usual.
Quick demos of the enhanced Bill Pay
Links to Learn More
• Warning: Computer Servicing Scam - February 2015
If someone calls you from a technical support company (ie: Microsoft, Apple, etc.) and offers to help you fix your computer, mobile phone, or tablet, beware - this is a scam! The caller’s intent is to be allowed to remotely access your computer and then install malicious software on your computer, steal your personal information, or both.
If you receive such a call, say “NO.” Do not provide any personal or financial information; do not allow them to remote into your computer. Just hang up.
If you feel you have been the victim of this scam, please notify Athol Savings Bank immediately by calling 978-249-3200, so we can help protect your privacy.
At Athol Savings Bank, we’re here for you! If you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.
We’re here to discuss your questions, suggestions, and concerns at your convenience; and, we always look forward to talking with you. Contact us today!