Save$um Kids Program
At Athol Savings Bank, we believe that education is the key to our next generation’s future financial success.
With this in mind, ASB created the Save$um Banking & Schools Program as an interactive, hands-on educational program designed specifically to educate children of all ages on the importance of saving money, being self-disciplined, and knowing the self-satisfaction of watching their money grow.
Save$um Banking Program
ASB’s Save$um Banking Program offers children the opportunity to develop money management skills, learn how to reach financial goals, and become a "Save$um" saver by:
- Getting started early
- Adding to their account regularly
- Leaving their money alone long enough for it to increase in value
ASB’s commitment to the Save$um Banking Program provides “real world” experience for young savers, offering special incentives & ASB rewards to help them watch their savings grow with them.
For students involved with ASB’s Save$um Banking Program, Save$um Passbook Savings are available with special ASB contributions to increase the return on their investment efforts. With an ASB SaveSum Passbook Savings account, young savers also enjoy:
- No minimum balance
- No monthly service charge
- Athol Savings Bank will add $2.00 to each new student's initial deposit
- Once a student makes 25 deposits, Athol Savings Bank will deposit an additional $5.00 to the student's account
As an extra-special reward, ASB offers those children who have saved $250 or more in their Save$um Passbook Savings account the opportunity to transfer their money into a 6-month Save$um certificate of deposit to accrue interest at a higher rate.
Save$um School Program
ASB’s Save$um School Program has been very successful in the classrooms of several area participating schools,* which include:
- Pleasant St. School, located in Athol
- Phillipston Memorial School, located in Phillipston
- Toy Town Elementary School, located in Winchendon
- JR Briggs Elementary School, located in Ashburnham
- Baldwinville Elementary School, located in Baldwinville
* Please note that Save$um accounts are not just for students in participating schools. They may be opened for children at any of our Branch locations.
As part of the ASB’s Save$um School Program, interested students are invited to fill out a job application, interview with ASB personnel, and then be “hired” to work as student tellers at the Save$um Bank in their school. The student tellers are trained and supervised by staff from Athol Savings Bank and parent volunteers.
For more information about ASB’s Save$um Banking & School Program, please contact one of ASB’s Customer Service representatives at 888-830-3200.
We do not knowingly collect, store or share with third parties any personally identifiable information obtained on our website on children under the age of 18. Personally identifiable information includes email addresses, street addresses, phone numbers, and names.
At Athol Savings Bank, we’re here for you! If you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.
We’re here to discuss your questions, suggestions, and concerns at your convenience; and, we always look forward to talking with you. Contact us today!